Monday, January 29, 2018

Vlog: Practicing Acceptance and Tolerance



Hello!  I hope you had a great weekend.  

This video is about practicing acceptance and tolerance.  It was inspired by my observations of people saying things against the Mormon religion.  I live in Utah, a transplant and non-Mormon from New York State.  I talk about my reasons for feeling uncomfortable whenever I witness this.  And I offer tips on how to get to know people you have preconceived notions about--different religion, sexual orientation, culture, ethnicity, social class, and so on.  

What are your thoughts on this topic?  Do you have experience with having certain views about a group of people based on limited information or knowledge, or have you been on the receiving end of discrimination based on a group you happen to be a part of? What happened?  What did you learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment