Monday, March 5, 2018

Vlog: Dream, Imagine, Believe, Achieve



Happy Monday!  I hope your week is starting out well.

Today, I'd like to talk about my motto:  Dream, Imagine, Believe, Achieve.  

"Dream" is defined as, "something that you have wanted very much to do, be, or have for a long time;" or "a strong desire or purpose."  

That's one of my jobs as a coach--to help you make those dreams a reality.  Or close to it; as close as you possibly can come to that dream.  You may have to make some adjustments in your dream depending on your abilities or the nature of your chronic health issues, but you still can do a version of your dream.  Yes you can!  Is there something you've wanted to do, be or have for a very long time?  What is it?  If you can dream it, you can do it!  That's what Walt Disney said.  I'm here to help you make that dream come true.

"Imagine" is defined as, "to form a mental image of something not present."

Now, imagine that this dream is actually happening.  You're making a mental picture of exactly what you want to be doing.  You're doing it!  You're right there.  What will happen?  How does it feel?  What does it look like?  Who's there with you?  Dream it, then imagine it.  I can help you with that as well.  Imagine that you're actually there, doing what you'd love to do, being at the places you'd love to be, accomplishing the things that you'd love to accomplish.

"Believe" is defined as, "to accept or regard something as true."

You've got that image in your head of what you want to do.  Now, believe you can do it. Yes, believe you can do it.  And, I'm also here to help you in that endeavor--to believe in yourself.  Only you can do it, but I'm here to be your cheerleader, I'm here to be a part of your support system, that person who believes in you.  Now, you have to learn to believe in yourself.

"Achieve" is defined as, "to get or reach something by working hard, to become successful, to reach a goal."

You've made it!  You've reached your goal.  You've succeeded.  How would that sound to you?  How would that feel to you?  To have somebody say--to have me say--in our sessions, "You did it!  You're here!  You've made it!"  That can happen.  And I would love to be able to say that to you.  In order to achieve these things, these goals and dreams, you need to take action.  You can't just sit there and say that you want something or that you wish something would happen.  You need to take that action.  You can dream, of course; dreams are wonderful.  I did a lot of dreaming when I was younger, and still have some dreams.  But, in order to make them reality, you have to take that action.  

So, what do you have to do?  It's a lot of hard work, it could be a steep road ahead to make those dreams come true, but you have it in you.  I am a chronic health issues coach.  If you have chronic health issues, you are tough.  You know what it's like to work hard, because you have to work hard every day to even get out of bed in the morning, perhaps, and do the things you need to do to stay mobile, to stay healthy.  It can be very difficult.  If you can handle that, you can handle making your dreams come true.  Because they're awesome things that you want to do!    

So, set out to do anything that you need to do to make it happen.  As long as it's safe; as long as you've done your research; you're doing something that isn't dangerous for you.  It could be risky, but as long as it's not dangerous, it's worth going for--as long as you do the homework, as long as you do that research, as long as you can do this, and do it properly and safely, there's nothing you can't do.  You may have to make some adjustments here and there, but really, if you can dream it, you really can do it.  I fully believe that.

So, that's what I'm here for.  I'm here to guide you as you go for those dreams, and do the best that you can to make them happen--or something close to it.  I've talked about this before.  Say you want to be a basketball player, but you use a wheelchair.  You can still play wheelchair basketball.  So, go for that.  There are all sorts of things you can do, and I'm here to help you, or as close to it as you can.  They say, "Close, but no cigar?"  Well, you don't need that cigar.  Close is good!  If you can't do something exactly the way you want to do it, you can still do a form of it.  If you want to be a dancer, but you're in a wheelchair, you can still wheelchair dance!  If you want to be a scientist, you can be a scientist.  If you want to travel the world, you can travel the world.  You can do anything you set your mind to.  

And, I'm here to help you do just that.  To believe in yourself and make those dreams come true.  I can't do it for you, but I can cheer you on, and I will--the whole way through each coaching session.  If you work with me, I will be in your corner 110%, and help you through that journey of taking that dream and making it a reality.  

So, now you know a little bit about my motto.  I hope that you will consider working with me.  My email address is amy@acnlifecoach.com.  If you have any questions about this post or my coaching, just let me know.  Or you can comment below.  

Take care!  Catch you back here on Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment