Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Vlog: Exercising With Chronic Health Issues


Hi there!  I got up early to exercise this morning.  I got a great workout exercising along to Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds 3-Mile DVD.  Yay!  When the alarm went off, I thought, oh no, but I got up, got going and was glad I did.  Her DVD's are adaptable, fun, and offer up a really good workout.  And, I'm being paid to say that!  I've been using her videos for years. 

Do you have chronic health issues?  If so, do you exercise?  Whether you can walk or not, in most cases there are exercises you can do.  Don't listen to the naysayers that discourage you because they think you're unable to exercise or that you'll just make a mistake and get hurt.  Please, you're not a two year old.  You know your body and that it's important to take care of it.   Listen to it and exercise!  But, please, the first thing you need to do is check with your doctor to see what exercises you can and cannot do relative to your chronic health issues.  Then pick exercises that are fun for you to do and take it slow.  You want to challenge yourself, yes, but you don't want to hurt yourself.  You may even want to talk with a personal trainer, exercise scientist, fitness coach, or physical therapist to get tips on where to start, what exercises to do, and so on.  You can also ask me questions if you like since I was a fitness coach for eight years.  I still know a thing or two about fitness.  And if I don't know the answer, I can refer you to someone who may be able to help you.  

Exercise doesn't just help you lose weight, it can reduce the risk of certain diseases, boost your mood, improve your sleep, and much more.  So, get out there, find out what you can and cannot do, and have fun--for life!



















No comments:

Post a Comment